KLA Law College in association with CALSAR is organizing a Two Days International Seminar on “Role of Indigenous people/ Tribals in Wildlife Conservation” via virtual mode from 20th March 2021 to 21st March 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Seminar is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Prof. (Dr.)Armin Rosencranz(Founder-Pacific Environment & Resources Centre and Former Professor, California, United States, Standford University), Dr HemanthaWithanage, (Executive Director, Centre for Environmental Justice, Colombo, SriLanka)Prof. (Dr.) Nicole Wheen (Professor, University of Otago, New Zealand), Dr GlenBarry(Scientist, Political Ecologist and Blogger –Eco International, New York), and DrGeetaPathakSangraula (Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal)will be the Chief Speakers in the International Seminar.
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, social workers, Policy makers, and officials from various departments- Representatives from institutions and professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars.
- Local Community Participation in Forest and Wildlife Conservation.
- Wildlife Conservation vs. Tourism vs. Rights of Indigenous people.
- Role of Indigenous People/local Communities in Human- Wildlife Conflict.
- Indigenous people and prevention of wildlife crimes.
- Indigenous people and Traditional Knowledge in Forest and Wildlife Conservation.
- Indigenous people, traditional and religious beliefs in Forest and Wildlife Conservation and ecological security.
- Right to livelihood vs. Wildlife Conservation.
- Historical perspectives and Mass Movements for Wildlife Conservation through Indigenous People/Tribals.
- Modern Trends in Forest and Wildlife Conservation – emphasis on best practices.
- Tiger Reserves/apex predatorReserves and rights of Indigenous People/Tribals.
- Scheduled Tribes and other Traditional Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights Act) 2006 (Forest Rights Act) in India vs. Wildlife Conservation and comparable positions in other jurisdictions.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 10th March 2021by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of the seminar. The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 2500 words including Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and conclusion indicating the author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to email@example.com on or before 10th March 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/ Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers (2500 words) approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, email id and Contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the seminar.
- Co-authorship is allowable but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per the criteria. Publishing charges if any demanded by the journal may be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 10th March 2021
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 11thMarch, 2021.
- Submission of Full paper: 18th March 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 18th of March, 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 18th & 19th of March, 2021
- International seminar: 20th – 21st of March, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (An additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of a maximum of one co-author).
The team intending to participate must register on or before 18th March 2021(18/03/2021) by submitting the duly filled proforma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (link) and making an online payment of Rs.750/- ( In the case of co-author Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee through the online
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
1. Mrs. Kasthuri J. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) -7025690009
Faculty Co- Conveners
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9744169215,
- Mr. SUNIL KUMAR (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 9744036660
- Mr. N. K. SASIDHARAN (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy)- 8281606060
- Mrs. ARYA SUNIL PAUL (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy) – 9495178906
- NITHIN RAJEEV – 8075278235
- VISHNU V. S – 9544659324
- RENJI .T. ROY- 8848174226
- HARIKRISHNAN A. J -8137828280
- FELIX CHERIAN ALEX -9745173210
- NIKITHA SURESH – 8921757354
- LUCY SARA GEORGE – 9061755066