We are glad to inform you that Kerala Law Academy law college in association with Centre For Advanced Legal Studies And Research (CALSAR) is organizing an International Conference on “Food Safety: An Extrospection of Human rights and Consumer Concerns” via virtual mode on 16th January 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The conference is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET.
Marika Guderian (Deputy Head, United Nations World Food Programme) is the Key Note Speaker of the conference.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are invited from Law Students, Researchers, Academicians, Business operators, Policy makers and officials from various institutions, Social Science researchers etc., on the below mentioned themes to be presented during the conference.
- Right to safe and secure food as a basic human right
- History and development of food safety laws
- Food safety laws world wide
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Tortious liability of Food Business Operators
- Consumer as a victim in the context of packaged food products
- Food Recall procedures
- Food safety and consumer protection laws
- Role of regulatory mechanisms in ensuring food safety
- Misleading advertisement and laws
- Food safety in 21st century India: Preparing for future.
- Complaint mechanism and Penalties
- Role of International Organisations in food safety and security.
- Labelling of Infant milk substitute and Infant food
- Labelling of packaged Foods
- International food standards and the Indian law
- Judicial approach towards food safety in India.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 4th of January 2021 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
- The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 3500 words including footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font size 10.
- An abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract must be mailed to email@example.com on or before 4 January, 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/ Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address and Contact Number.
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the conference. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline, email address and contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language ofthe conference will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Co-authorship is allowed but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- There is a Registration fee of Rs. 750/- for participants (Additional fee of Rs. 250/- should be paid in the case of co-authors).
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria. Publishing charges if any demanded by journal may be paid by the author.
The team intending to participate must register on or before 15th January 2021 (15.01.2021) by submitting the duly filled Proforma and making online payment of Rs 750/- (In the case of co-author Rs. 1000/-) as registration fee through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (http://keralalawacademy.in/forms/seminar-food-safety/).
- Submission of Abstracts: 4th January 2021
- Submission of Full paper: 11th January 2021.
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 13th of January 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee between 14th and 15th of January, 2021
- International Conference on 16th January 2021
RESHMA SOMAN N (9447250166)
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY (9744169215)
- VIDYA V.V (7907838598)
STUDENT CONVENORS TEAM
- RENJI T ROY- 8848174226, 9747845997
- LUCY SARA GEORGE- 7907235126, 9061755066
- HARIKRISHNAN A J – 8137828280
- FELIX CHERIAN ALEX- 9745173210
For More details visit The Kerala Law Academy website (http://keralalawacademy.in/)
We cordially invite you all, we look forward to welcoming you and value your contribution to the ongoing success of this International Conference. We would like to thank you in advance for your participation.
Principal, Kerala Law Academy Law College.