We are glad to inform you that Kerala Law Academy law college in association with Centre For Advanced Legal Studies And Research (CALSAR) is organizing an International Seminar on “Crimes against Children: Evolving Strategies for Investigation and Prosecution” via virtual mode on 6th March 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The seminar is conducted through the online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET.
Salona Lutchman(Attorney and Notary of the High Court of South Africa, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Public Law at the University of Cape Town) is the Key Note Speaker of the seminar.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Organising Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Policy makers, and officials from various institutions, Social Activists, Social Science researchers, etc.
- Violence Against Children
- A study on Child Abuse- Physical, Sexual and Trafficking
- Child in Cyber World
- Infanticide and Feoticide
- Rights of a Child
- Historical aspects of child rights
- Child Rights Governance
- Monitoring and Implementation of Child Rights
- Violation Of Child Rights within a family
- Mechanisms for the protection of child Rights
- Role of Judiciary in protecting Child Rights
- Governmental role in safeguarding Child Rights
- Role of NGOs and Educational Institutions to prevent crimes against children
- Child and The Law
- Constitutional protection of children and it’s impact on society.
- Protection of children in Criminal Justice systems
- Crime Control Strategies for actions against Children
- Protective and Preventive Laws in India
- International Perspective
- International perspective on Atrocities against children
- International Conventions on Child rights and its impact on Indian laws
- Comparative analysis of Child rights laws of various countries
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; authors are open to work on any topic related to above-mentioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 25th of February 2021 by e-mail to: Klawebinarcac@gmail.com
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with title of the seminar. The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 3500 words including Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract must be mailed to Klawebinarcac@gmail.com on or before the 25th of February, 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Name of Institute/ Organization
- Official Designation
- E-mail Address
- Contact Number.
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation at the seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page( As the first page of the full paper) that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline, email ID, and contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Co-authorship is allowed but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria. Publishing charges if any demanded by the journal may be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 25th of February 2021
- Submission of Full paper: 28th of February 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 1st of March 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee between 2nd and 3rd of March, 2021
- International Seminar: 6th March 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs. 750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs. 250/- should be paid in the case of a maximum of one co-author).
For Kerala Law Academy Students, There is a Registration Fee of Rs.400/- (for single-author) and Rs.500/- in case of co-authored paper.
The team intending to participate must register on or before 3rd March 2021 (03.03.2021) by submitting the duly filled Proforma and making an online payment of Rs 750/- (In the case of co-author Rs. 1000/-) as registration fee through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website.
All the participants will be awarded an E-certificate of presentation.
Faculty in charge
- Mrs. Vidya V.V (Convenor) (Asst Professor)
Phone Number: +91 7907838598
- Mrs. Serin Elza John ( Co-convenor) (Asst Professor)
Phone Number: 9995599669
- Mr. Sachin B (Co-convenor) (Asst Professor)
Phone Number: 9446668991
- Renji .T. Roy
Phone Number: +91 8848174226, +91 9747845997
- Lucy Sara George
Phone Number: +91 7907235126, +91 9061755066
- Harikrishnan A.J
Phone Number: +91 8137828280
- Felix Cherian Alex
Phone Number: +91 9745173210