Kerala Law Academy is hosting its 3rd (Virtual) National ADR Competition, scheduled to be held from 12th – 14th of October 2022.
About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed Research Journal is published continuously since 1977. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala.
About the ADR Competition
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the 3rd National ADR Competition hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode on 12th October 2022 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and time. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
- The competition is open to all Law Colleges/Law Schools and Faculties/Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- Students doing post-graduation in law and students undergoing correspondence courses are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Only one team from each participating institution shall be registered for the competition.
- Each team shall comprise three members (two parties and one rapporteur)
How to Register?
- The team intending to participate must register on or before 25th September 2022, Sunday (25.09.2022).
- Registration Fees: Rs 2,500/- per team. (Includes the cost of taking Printout of the Script Memorandum)
- Team codes shall be allotted on 2nd October 2022, Sunday (02.10.2022)
- Hypothetical problems with the legal subject matter and disputes may be assimilated and developed into the role-playing format through imagination and the individual skill of the participants.
- Separate problems are provided for each round.
- Problem No.1 is for the preliminary round. Problem No. 2 is for the semi-finals and Problem No. 3 is for the finals.
- In the semi-finals and finals, the rapporteurs of the competing teams will be exchanged. Therefore, there will also be an advance exchange of memorials.
- Roleplay shall be based on real situation performance by the complainant/claimant, respondent, and rapporteur respectively according to the opted ADR methodology. A congenial methodology shall be selected.
- The competition is conducted through the online platform ZOOM.
- The Meeting ID, Password, and Link will be communicated to the teams via email 25 to 15 minutes before each round in which they are participating.
Ever rolling trophies, cash prizes, and individual trophies for winners, and every participant will be awarded a certificate of participation. Honours in this competition include:
1. Best Team: Rs 15,000/-
2. Second Best Team: Certificate of Honour
3. Best Counsellor: Certificate of Honour
4. Best script format: Certificate of Honour
- ADR Problem for Preliminary Round
- ADR Problem for Semi-Final Round
- ADR Problem for Final Round
- ADR Rules & Regulations
For any queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any of the following;
- Mrs. Priya M.K – 9633311359
- Mrs. Salini A.P – 8527861463
- Mrs. Radhika R.P – 9656830914
- Ms. Akhila C.M. – 8592814727
- Anagha. S – 6238376060
- Millenian. S – 9497749484
- Sharmina Nishad – 9605562233
- Gautham Viswam – 8891001101
- Krishna Priya
- Viji V R
- Anjali Naik
- Alka Aravind