Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International Seminar on Compulsory License- A tool to access lifesaving medicines via virtual mode on 20th February 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Seminar is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Dr. Franciszek Strzyczkowski ( Assistant Professor, University of Lodz School of Law, UK and Counsel in the General Counsel to the Republic of Poland Office) is the Key Note Speaker of the seminar. Prof. Jeeva Niriella, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka and Dr. S. Rama Rao, Director, WIPO Coordination Office, New York are the Chief Guests of the International Seminar.
Call for Papers
The Organising Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers ,social workers, Policy makers, and officials from various departments- Representatives from institutions and professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars.
- Right to Health- A Fundamental Right under National and International Law.
- Right to Health and Access to health care
- Patent Law and Access to Lifesaving medicines
- Impact of TRIPS on Pharmaceutical Patent
- Globalization and its impact on Patent Law
- Compulsory License- A tool to reduce Drug Price
- Pharmaceutical Patent and Judicial Response.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to above mentioned theme.
- E- certificates will be given to all the participants who present the paper in the International Seminar.
- 5 best research papers will be announced in the validictory ceremony and special certificates will be given to them.
- All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings with an ISBN number.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 7th February 2021.
Kindly send the abstract by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with the title of seminar. The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 2500 words including Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An abstract not exceeding 300 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and conclusion indicating the author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the deadline. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the paper
- Name of Author(s)
- Name of Institute/ Organization
- Official Designation
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact Number
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers (2500 words) approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, email id and Contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the seminar.
- Co-authorship is allowable but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing charges if any demanded by the journal may be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 7th February 2021
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 8th of February, 2021.
- Submission of Full paper: 14th February 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 14th of February 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 15 and 16th of February, 2021
- International seminar: 20th February, 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs.250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one co-author).
The team intending to participate must register on or before 16th February 2021(16/02/2021) by submitting the duly filled proforma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website and making online payment of Rs.750/-( In the case of coauthor Rs.1000/-) as the registration fee through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website
All the Participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
Faculty in charge:
- PRAJITHA P.G (Convener)-7994561860, E-mail: email@example.com
- Dr. DAKSHINA SARASWATHY ( Co-Convener) – 9744169215, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DARSHANA S THAMPI ( Co-Convener )- 8086406054, Email: email@example.com
- NITHIN RAJEEV – 8075278235
- VISHNU V S – 9544659324
- STEFFI FELIX – 7907693959
- NIKITHA SURESH – 8921757354
- GOURI R – 8593085869