NEWS & EVENTS
- Applications are invited for the admission to 3 Yr. LL.B Course (Day & Eve Batch) for the academic year 2013-14. Prospectus along with application form can be obtained from the office of the Kerala Law Academy at Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram or can be downloaded from this site.
- Entrance Test for the admission to the Integrated 5 Yr. B.A. LL.B Course 2013 will be held on Saturday, June 8th, 2013 at L.B.S. Institute of Technology for Women, Poojappura, Trivandrum from 10.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. Download Previous 5 Yr. B.A. LL.B Entrance Question Papers. 2012-13, 2011-12, 2010-11, 2009-10.
- Applications are invited for the admission to the Integrated 5 Yr. B.A., LL.B Degree course for the academic year 2013-14. Prospectus along with application form can be obtained from the office of the Kerala Law Academy at Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram or can be downloaded from this site. The duly filled application form along with Demand Draft of Rs. 1,000/- in favour of "The Principal, Kerala Law Academy Law College" should be reach the office of the Kerala Law Academy at Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram before the time prescribed. Click here for more details.
- 24th All India Moot Court Competition for the Kerala Law Academy Trophy is hold on from 07-02-2013 to 09-02-2013. A team consist of Neeati Narayan, Shayan Dasgupta and Indraneel Gunjal from Symbiosis Law School, Pune is the winner of the 24th All India Moot Court Competition and the team consist of Parul Sharma, Paramvir Singh and Vinay Pilania from National Law University, Delhi were the Runner up.
- The First International Conference of the KLA on Conservation of Forests, Wild Life and Ecology organized by the Kerala Law Academy and CALSAR was hold at the Kerala Law Academy Campus in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India from 15.12.2012 to 17.12.2012. The theme of the First International Conference 2012 was "the legal regime and measures for conservation of the ecological balance and bio diversity of the Western Ghats".Click here for more details.
- Two day National Worskhop on "Emerging Facets of Intellectual Property Rights in the New Era" was hold on 16th and 17th November, 2012 at Conference Hall, Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram.Click here for Brochure.
- 13th National Client Consulting Competition for the Justice P. Govinda Menon Memorial Trophy, hosted by the Kerala Law Academy was hold on 08th, 09th & 10th of November 2012 at the Kerala Law Academy College Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The team comprising of Ms. Sanchi Malhotra and Ms.Raveena Raj of Amity Law School, Delhi is the winner of this competition and the Runners up were The School of Excellence in Law, Chennai (Ms. Kaavya. S and Ms.Hiranmayi Narayanan).
C Kuttikrishnan Memorial Lectures was delivered by Honble Mr. Justice K T Thomas, former Judge, Supreme Court of India on 18th and 19th October 2012. Click here for Details.
- Devi. S. Hari secured First Rank in the 5 year LL.B Degree exam hold in May 2012. First Rank in the 3 Yr. LL.B. Exam was bagged by Jincey. C.J.
- LAFSA - Former Students Meeting is hold on October 6th 2012 at Law Academy Law College Auditorium, Peroorkada at 5 p.m.Click here for Brochure.
- Law Academy team comprising of Parvathy Nair, Sreedevi Jayachandran, Amritha Sanjeev, Lekshmi Priya and Ponni won the 'Best Team' award and also Second best memorial and Second best researcher awards in the 7th National Moot Court Competition organized by School of Indian Legal Thought, Kottayam on 8-10, February 2012. Ms. Parvathy Nair was selected as the 'Best Advocate' .
team comprising of Adithya Rajeev (Best Speaker), Vishnu Nair (Second
Best Speaker) and Sreehari won the Best Memorial Award in the 8th All
India Moot Court Competition held at Govt. Law College on February 2-4
, 2012 , Thiruvananthapuram.
- Ms. Shruthi Aggarwal, Ms.Vasudha Zutshi and Ms.Chanan Parwani of Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, Delhi University were declared winner of the 23rd All India Moot Court Competition for Kerala Law Academy Ever-rolling Trophy 2012. The Runner up were NUJS, Kolkata comprising of Ms. Aparajita Lath, Mr. Tapobrata Mukhopadhyay and Mr. Nitish Goel .
- Programme Notice for the 23rd All India Moot Court Competition for Kerala Law Academy Trophy 2012 is attached. Click Here for Brochure.
1st National Workshop on on Legal Research Methodology was conducted on 16th & 17th of January 2012 at Kerala Law Academy Law College, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram under the auspices of the Department of Law, University of Kerala and Kerala Law Academy Law College. Click Here for Brochure.
23rd All India Moot Court Competition for the Kerala Law Academy Trophy is being held from 09-02-2012 to 11-02-2012. Kindly intimate confirmation of your team’s participation with proforma for advance registration on or before 20th January 2012. Only 40 teams will be selected for the competition on first come first serve basis. For more information: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com. Phone Nos: R. Shaiju, General Secretary, Moot Court Society (09744963155), Syamnath.J.G. (Student Convenor) 08089286807. Fax: 0471-2539356, 0471-2320345. Click Here for more Details.
12th National Client Consulting Competition for Justice P. Govinda Menon Memorial Trophy 2011 hosted by the Kerala Law Academy was hold on 10th, 11th & 12th of November 2011 at the Kerala Law Academy College Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The Winners of the Competition was School of Law, Christ University Bangalore and the Runner up were Symbiosis Law School, Pune.
- Smt. Deepa A of final year LLB (five year course) of KLA bags first rank in the Kerala University exams for LLB (5 year course) 2005-2010
- Smt. Fatima S of final year LLB (three year course) of KLA bags first rank in the Kerala University exams for LLB (3 year course) 2007-2010
- Sree Vidya P.I, KLA Student of 3 year LLB course 2005-08 Batch is ranked 14th in the all India Civil Service 2010.
- The Academy moot team comprising of Janapriya, IV (five) year and Deepa, final (five) year, came first in the National (South zone) Rounds of the Stetson International Competition and thereby got selection to represent India at 495456544the International rounds. The Academy team comprising Janapriya and Deepa participated in the Stetson International Environmental Law Moot Competition at Florida, USA on 2010 representing India. They performed creditably and won both their rounds by winning over the teams from China and Vietnam. However based on the points scored, they did not reach the final round. They had returned from Florida on 18th March 2010.