The Kerala Law Academy registered on October 17, 1966 under the Travancore - Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act (XII of 1955) was formally inaugurated on 21st October, 1967 by Shri. E.M.S. Namboodiripad, the then Chief Minister of Kerala. The Academy, quite a novel type of institution in Kerala, is set up broadly on the pattern of the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
The Management of the affairs of the Academy is entrusted in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Academy to the Governing Council and Executive Committee. The members of the Executive Committee and Governing Council are:
- Justice Shri. V R. Krishna Iyer, (Retired Judge of the Supreme Court) President, Kerala Law Academy
- Dr. N. Narayanan Nair, Advocate, Director and Secretary, Kerala Law Academy, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. K. Aiyappan Pillai, Advocate, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. G.P Mohanachandran, Advocate, Lekshmi, Perumthanni, Thiruvananthapuram
- Prof. R. Lekshmana Iyer, Advocate, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri. A. Gopinathan Pillai “Goureesam”, K.P. 355(1), V.P. Thampy Road, Kudappanakunnu, Thiruvananthapuram-43
- Dr. N.K. Jayakumar, Vice Chacellor, National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi.
- Shri. Nagaraj Narayanan Advocate, Joint Secretary, Kerala Law Academy, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. Koliyacode N. Krishnan Nair, Advocate, Thirivananthapuram.
- Dr. P. Lekshmi Nair 44, Padma Nagar, Fort, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri. A Mohamed Iqbal Advocate, 28, Thopil Nagar, Muttada Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. Kazhakkuttom K.S. Narayanan Nair Advocate, Vanchiyoor, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. S. Renjit Kumar, Advocate Anupama, Nettirachira, Nedumangad P.O.
- Shri. T.K. Sreenarayana Das, Advocate, Thonipurackal, Karuvatta P.O., Alappuzha.
- Shri. Thomas Abraham, Advocate, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Shri. S.V Premakumaran Nair, Advocate, Vanchiyoor, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri. M.B. Vijayan Babu Advocate, Veembanam Nedumparampu P.O., Alamcodu (via), Attingal.
- Shri. Nair Ajay Krishnan, Advocate, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri. M. Muhinudeen, Noohu Bungalow, Convent Road, Neyyattinkara P.O.
- Shri. R.T Pradeep, Advocate, Thiruvananthapuram
- Shri. Nair Ajit Krishnan 6B, Touchstone Apartment, Chirakulam Junction Vanchiyoor, Thiruvananthapuram.
Aims and objects
Some of the important objects of the Academy are: -
- to promote the advancement of Law suitable to the social, economic and other needs of the people;
- to promote diffusion of the knowledge of law
- to promote studies and research in law;
- to promote the improvement of legal education and to impart instruction in law;
- to publish research papers, studies, treatises, books, periodicals, reports and other literature relating to law and
- to conduct debates, lectures, studies, discussions, seminars, symposia. etc on legal topics and problems